What first aid should be given to someone with snake bite?
According to mayoclinic.org:
- Try to remember the snake's color and shape so that you can describe it to the doctor. Identifying the type of snake will help in treatment of the snakebite.
- Don't drink caffeine or alcohol because that can speed up the body's absorption of snake venom.
- Immediately remove tight clothing and jewelry before your body starts to swell.
- Don't cut the snakebite wound or make an attempt to remove the venom. Clean the snakebite wound, but don't flush it with water. Cover the wound with a clean, dry dressing. Don't use a tourniquet or apply ice to the wound.
- If possible position the snakebite victim so that the bite is at or below the level of the victim's heart.